The Dermatologist recently featured an interview with Dr. Andrew Alexis, Skin of Color Update co-founder and co-chair, regarding his lecture on challenges and pearls of treating atopic dermatitis (AD) inpatients with skin of color.
Associate Editor, Melissa Weiss posed the following questions:
- What are some of the challenges for diagnosing AD in patients with skin of color?
- What are your recommendations for clinically assessing AD in patients with skin of color?
- What are your recommendations and treatment considerations for AD?
- Do you discuss options for a patient who want to treat AD-associated pigmentary changes?
- Are there any other key takeaways you would like dermatologists to leave our audience with?
Visit The Dermatologist to read Dr. Alexis’s answers and more.