The Dermatologist recently featured an interview with Dr. Andrew Alexis, Skin of Color Update co-founder and co-chair, regarding his lecture on challenges and pearls of treating atopic dermatitis (AD) inpatients with skin of color.
Associate Editor, Melissa Weiss posed the following questions:
- What are some of the challenges for diagnosing AD in patients with skin of color?
- What are your recommendations for clinically assessing AD in patients with skin of color?
- What are your recommendations and treatment considerations for AD?
- Do you discuss options for a patient who want to treat AD-associated pigmentary changes?
- Are there any other key takeaways you would like dermatologists to leave our audience with?
Visit The Dermatologist to read Dr. Alexis’s answers and more.
Missed Skin of Color Update 2019? Purchase this lecture and more on-demand.