This webinar was previously recorded on April 27th, 2020 and is now available on demand. Almirall has graciously supported the on-demand broadcast of this webinar.
Skin of Color Update (SOCU) and JDD invite you to attend “COVID-19: Special Considerations for the Skin of Color Patient – A Conversation with the Experts”. During this 90-minute webinar, Dr. Andrew Alexis will be joined by skin of color key opinion leaders to discuss special considerations and practical approaches to managing dermatologic disorders in skin of color during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics to be addressed include the following:
- Hair Disorders
- Pigmentary Disorders
- Aesthetic Concerns
- Inflammatory Disorders (including acne, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and others)
- How to stay connected with your skin of color patients on social media
- Vitamin D deficiency among people of color and its potential relevance to COVID-19 in patients of color
- COVID-19 related shifts in common dermatologic concerns in skin of color
- Impact on the practice of aesthetic dermatology for skin of color
Andrew Alexis, MD, MPH (Chair, Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai West and Mount Sinai Morningside and Professor, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai)
Eliot F. Battle, Jr., MD (CEO and Co-Founder of Cultura Dermatology & Plastic Surgery)
Amy McMichael, MD (Professor and Chair of Dermatology, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center)
Heather Woolery-Lloyd, MD (Director, Skin of Color Division, University of Miami School of Medicine)
Pearl Grimes, MD (Founder and Director, Vitiligo and Pigmentation Institute of Southern California)